12 September 2007

Hunger for righteousness

This particular beatitude appeals to me the most. Injustice sucks the life out of this planet and out of the life of its people. I don't see much "fairness" around me and I sympathize with all those that want to scream on top of their voices "IT'S NOT FAIR".
Most injustice has to do with greed. Greed for money, power, sex; the insatiable hunger to feed into ME. It's about MY needs. Get out of MY way.

God knows. Jesus knows. He sympathizes with those who are the victims of injustice.
God waits. Jesus waits. His day will come. Justice will come.

I look forward to that day.
I'm not thinking about the little injustice that I have experienced over the past 46 years. No, that's nothing compared to what millions are going through. Aids victims, the homeless, the 30.000 children that die each day because of malnutrition of infectious deseases, the emotinal and physical abused women and children.
Their cries are piling up and God hears.

Even though I believe in the message of love I am thankfull that God is just and justice will come. That those that took and take lives, land, dreams, innocence, ideals, mothers, children with force, will meet the forcefull Hand of justice.

I desperately hunger for righteousness. I cry with those victims for justice and I believe in the promose of Jesus: They will be filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment