13 September 2011

Case Study

I was going through the, now full, notebook, tearing out what can be binned. These notebooks are the sum of months of thoughts, minutes, ideas and "to do" lists that I never really got to do. I got to this particular page with the heading "Case Study" with at the bottom : "note to self: do something with this, idiot."
For the record, thius thing with the notebooks is my relatively effective MO.
The note dates back one year:

Married lady, 45 years old, has been with her company for more than 20 years. She and her husband changed field, culture and country and now have to learn a new language. Being recognised leaders before they now find themselves on the same level as the 20 year olds who just joined the company.
"I don't get the recognition that I think I deserve," she laments. "It's like starting all over again. All my experience and gained knowledge seems to be irrelevant and useless."
She continues,"Our Company, because of its flat leadership structure, has not many positions to be promoted to. My husband, who is on the level of a country leader, now leads the language learning program."

She finishes her lament and looks at you, expectantly. What does she want to hear? What does she need to hear?
Please talk to her for me. What would you say?

P.s. this lady is not with OM.

No comments:

Post a Comment